Our Commitment to Environmental, Economic and Social Sustainability
Since 2011, we have participated in the Electric Utility Industry Sustainable Supply Chain Alliance (EUISSCA), which assists with measuring our company’s carbon footprint and setting reduction goals. We’ve also begun to make long-term investments in technology and techniques that reduce emissions, along with significant strides to stay ahead of customer demands.
‘American Business Act on Climate’ Pledge
In 2015 Loretta Rosenmayer, Founder and CEO of INTREN, met with President Obama, along with other corporate CEOs, to discuss the ‘American Business Act on Climate’ Pledge. From this meeting, INTREN set immediate goals to reduce their carbon footprint and the company’s impact on the environment.
Turning Commitment into Action
- In 2016, started purchasing 50% renewable electric energy for all office locations, reducing the burning of fossil fuels
- In 2016, developed an Environmental & Sustainability Programs Department focused on INTREN’s efforts for a sustainable future
- In 2016, will save 56,000 sheets of paper per year by transitioning to electronic forms for new hire on-boarding, which equates to 3,000 kWh of energy
- Since 2015, reduced field vehicles’ idle time by 3%, saved on fuel and reduced CO2 output
- Since 2013, added 25 eco-friendly fleet vehicles
- Since 2011, opened 6 satellite offices, reduced employee commute time and emissions
Dedication to the Environment
Although work hours have increased by 126% since 2011, due to a 73% increase in employees, our emissions per work hour have decreased.
Planning for the Future
Click Here to view our Green-e Energy Certificate!